Disclaimer: I received the 2XU Hyoptik Thermal Compression Tights to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
As winter lingers, it’s important to remain prepared for fewer daylight hours and dropping temperatures. That requires keeping quality gear on hand to keep up with training. I recently received a pair of Hyoptik Thermal Compression Tights from 2XU to put to the test in the always unpredictable Dallas weather.
- A soft brushed thermal inner layer helps retain warmth in cold climates.
- With coverage over the knee, powerful compression support and protect upper leg muscles to help prevent soreness and fatigue and long term overuse injuries.
- Graduated compression engineering promotes greater blood flow during exercise and faster recovery post exercise.
- Hyoptik (pronounced like “high optic”) reflective details keep you visible in low-light levels.
- 5 cm wide flat waistband with drawstring provides flexibility for personalized comfort.
- Flatlock seams reduce chafe.
- High filament yarns for dryness and moisture wicking
- Antibacterial and UPF50+ sun protection.
Unfortunately I came down with walking pneumonia about a week after I received these pants. Even a month later, I’m still trying to kick a bit of the lingering cough. Overall I’m relieved to have my health returning; but on the downside, I didn’t have the opportunity to get any long runs in these compression tights, so my testing was limited to long walks and runs under 3 miles. For a review of how these pants performed during longer runs, check out Angie’s and Amy’s reviews.
Warmth: I like that these pants are warm, yet lightweight and not lined in fleece. I’ve found fleece-lined pants to be comfortable for running about town, but too warm for exercising. I wore these pants outside when the weather was mid-30s and windy, and my legs weren’t cold at all.
Comfort: These are probably the most comfortable pair of compression pants I have ever tried! I love the wide waistband and comfortable level of compression. I wore these tights for a long walk, on a quick errand, and then around the house. In all, I had them on for about 12 hours (don’t judge…you’ve done it too!) and was completely comfortable the entire time!
Safety: The reflective elements on these pants are really high quality. Even though the pants are black, the numerous reflective details make them a safe option for nighttime wear. Jeremy frequently wore his in the dark and low-light situations, and also gave positive reports on the reflective elements in the men’s version of these tights.
The bottom line:
I absolutely love these tights! They have just the right amount of compression, reflectivity, are extremely comfortable, and have just the right amount of warmth.
The full line of Hyoptik gear can be found on 2XU’s website. Join me with BibRave and 2XU on Twitter for #BibChat on Tuesday, January 26 at 8 pm CT!